By Cary Andrews
“Don’t Leave Important Instruction to Chance.”
Letter Names is an effective feeder program that teaches letter name recognition to students who have been placed in Reading Mastery Rainbow, Classic, Plus, or Signature.
The goal of the program is to provide the classroom teacher with a:
• generic, scripted template for the introduction of letter names.
• calendar sequence for the introduction of letter names.
• assessment opportunities patterned after standardized testing to measure student progress.
• Scripted format to be used for letter name introduction.
• Calendar of Instruction that provides the teacher with a planning forum for the school year.
• Blackline Mastered Prompts to be utilized as cumulative practice and assessment.